If you are considering breast augmentation then it's important to understand the costs of hiring the wrong doctor.
I think it's important to discuss the different types of "cost"
- financial costs
- health (as a currency)
- satisfaction/happiness (as a currency)
For now, here's a shortlist of the obvious:
- Outcome - Choosing the right doctor can mean the difference between complete satisfaction and total disappointment.
- Financial Impact - Choosing the right doctor can mean the difference between $20,000 and $200,000
- Health - Choosing the right doctor can mean life or death.
When things go right, it's simple. You're happy. The end.
When things go wrong, things get complicated.
There are complications during the operation
- Anesthesia risks
- Fluid accumulation (seroma)
- Implant leakage or rupture
Then there are even more post-op complications:
- bottoming out
- capsular contractures
- surgery trauma
- implant rupture
- Persistent pain
- Poor scarring
- Breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL)
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation